Cleaning the bathroom is a dirty job, but somebody’s gotta do it. And chances are, at one point or another, that somebody is you.
Now imagine you had a few tricks up your sleeve that not only allowed you to spend less time on this unpleasant task but also helped to keep your bathroom sparkly clean all week long. Would you be interested? We thought so.
Here are 5 tips for cleaning and disinfecting your bathroom in no time flat.
- Keep your cleaning supplies handy. If you have your window cleaner, toilet brush, sponge, etc., within reach, you’re more likely to wipe down the sink or mirror when you’re already in the bathroom for something else. Just be sure to lock up any chemical products if there are young children in the home.
- Put away makeup, hair products, and other items you use daily after you’re done with them. Use drawer dividers to keep small items in place, and baskets for larger items like flat irons and hair dryers that you can store under cabinets. Strapped for space? An over-the-toilet cabinet can provide much-needed storage.
- As the saying goes, it’s easier to keep up than catch up. Make a habit of spot cleaning throughout the week so that you don’t have to spend extra time over the weekend scrubbing. Sprinkle the toilet bowl with baking soda before you take a shower, then scrub it with a toilet brush and flush when you’re done. After you shower, quickly wipe down the surround with a squeegee or sponge to prevent soap scum from building up. Wipe down the mirror and sink after brushing your teeth or washing your face.
- Use a disinfecting wipe to quickly clean the toilet. Start with the lid, tank and handle, then work your way down to the seat and base.
- Straighten up. Refold towels, throw dirty towels and clothing in a hamper instead of leaving them on the bathroom floor, pull the shower curtain closed so it can air out, and dispose of any trash. Use a hand vac to pick up stray hair and loose dirt off the floor between thorough washing.
If, on the other hand, you have a plumbing problem in your bathroom that’s beyond your ability to fix, then Conway Services is here to lend a prompt, experienced, and helping hand. From fixing a leaky faucet to replacing your toilet or installing a new tub or shower, Conway is your complete bathroom and home plumbing resource.