Fun Facts about Toilets!
Toilet and Bathroom Trivia
There are certain topics that are best saved for another time when friends and family gather around the dinner table. For some, it may be hot-button issues like politics or religion. For others, it’s their spouses’ cooking. Or, how about sharing with others what you’re inclined to do when perched on your throne?
Okay, so maybe that’s NOT what they want or need to hear in between bites of Beef Wellington. But that doesn’t mean you can’t dazzle friends and family with the rather interesting toilet and bathroom trivia we’re now pleased to present:
- Alfred Hitchcock’s “Psycho” was the first film to show a toilet being flushed which caused several complaints about indecency.
- It is said that the first toilet cubicle in a row of public toilets is the least occupied.
- Elvis Presley, Top Gun producer Don Simpson, and comedian Lenny Bruce are just some of the famous people who have died in a bathroom.
- It is estimated that each year, more than 40,000 people suffer toilet-related injuries in the U.S.
- Hong Kong is home to the world’s most expensive toilet. It is made of solid gold and sits proudly in the washroom at Hang Fung Gold Technology Group.
- In 1890, Scott Paper Company introduced toilet paper in a roll.
- The average person visits the toilet 2,500 times a year.
- The plastic toilet brush was invented in 1932 by William C. Schopp and patented by the Addis Brush Company in 1933.
- A kitchen sponge is 200 times dirtier than a toilet seat.
- More toilets are flushed during the Super Bowl half-time break than any other time of year.
Of course, there are times when your toilet can be far less interesting and, worse yet, a huge pain in the rear. You know, when it clogs up, springs a leak, or malfunctions in some other way. If that time is now, you can count on Conway Services for prompt service and dependable results, seven days a week.