As winter continues to hold on with a clenched fist, it’s hard to believe that not too long from now, spring will start bursting out all over. The sound of space heaters and the like will soon be replaced by the roar of lawnmowers, and once again, we’ll be reminded of just how green our natural surroundings can be.
In the meantime, here are a few pre-season items you should consider checking off your home maintenance list before spring’s arrival:
- Inspect your rain gutters and downspouts for damage and make sure rainwater is directed away from your foundation.
- Conduct a visual inspection of your roof, taking note of shingles that might have become damaged over the winter. If the roof is approaching the end of its lifespan, consider starting a replacement fund.
- Check the outside of the chimney for loose or cracked bricks, and plan to have a chimney cap put on if there isn’t one already.
- Consider scheduling your annual cooling system inspection and tune-up. You’re more likely to get a time and date that is convenient for you instead of waiting until everyone else decides to schedule theirs.
- Use a screwdriver to gently probe the wood trim around doors, windows, decks, and railings and schedule repairs before spring showers can do more damage.
- Head to your attic to inspect the insulation, check for signs of bird or rodent infestation, and check for water damage.
- Insect all visible pipes for signs of damage that might have been caused by extremely cold temperatures.
If you’re the kind of person who likes to get a jump on things, then definitely call us now to schedule your annual AC system preventative maintenance. At Conway, we perform a multi-step cleaning and inspection that helps your system run better, last longer, and all while improving its operating and energy efficiencies. Conway Services: your home for improved indoor comfort, all year long.