Ever notice how not everything in life is “all or nothing”? It’s those numerous and ever-expanding shades of grey that help to keep life interesting.
Well, here’s another prime example. Let’s say you’re thinking about converting your attic into a study or another bedroom. Or perhaps converting your deck into a 3-season or year-round family room. Before launching into such a project, one thing you’re always going to do – or should do – is talking to your builder or HVAC contractor to make sure your current heating and cooling systems can support the expansion.
What happens if and when you discover it can’t? Well, in “all or nothing” world, you’d have no choice but to replace your heating and/or cooling systems if you’re determined to follow through your home remodeling plans. Happily, we don’t live in all or nothing land. Because here at Conway Services, we can design and install a stand-alone ductless air system just right for that new space.
Upon closer inspection, you’ll discover that ductless air systems have numerous applications for homes with AND without air ducts. First, let’s see how they work:
- Each system includes at least one outside condensing unit, just like with a central air system.
- But instead of connecting to an air handler, ductless condensing units connect to one or more wall blowers that distribute the warm or cool air, depending on the time of year.
- Each condensing unit can handle up to 5 wall blowers.
That’s how they work. Now let’s see why people like them so much:
- Ductless air systems provide warm and cool air.
- A system can be designed for one room, your whole house, or any amount of space in between. That gives you the added luxury of flexibility.
- They’re super energy efficient and easier to maintain than separate heating and cooling systems.
- Remote control operation makes it a convenience lover’s new “bff”.
Whether you’re looking to enhance or replace your current home comfort systems, contact Conway Services to see if a ductless air system makes sense for your home. And remember: it’s just one of numerous home heating and cooling systems we offer.